Our family of caregivers is made up of a wide variety of individuals including LPNs, CNAs, HHAs, and seasoned caregivers all having one thing in common:
a passion for helping and enriching the lives of others.
Our family owned and operated business is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We take a proactive approach in your care management, routinely providing you with in-home checks so that our care managers can listen to your changing needs. This creates a cohesive and consistent relationship between Cahoon Care, our caregivers, and you.
Personalized - Dependable - Proactive
Our services include:
- Alzheimer’s care
- Personal care
- Respite care
- 24/7 care
- Temporary care after a hospital stay or surgery
- Nutritional meal preparation
- Light housekeeping and laundering
- Transportation to doctors’ appointments
- Transportation to hair/other appointments
- Running errands
- Other transportation
- Assistance with exercise
- Medication reminders
Caring for a family member with Alzheimer’s or dementia can be demanding and incredibly overwhelming. Providing the constant care and watchful eye that is needed can drain time, resources, and financial opportunities.
Our family of caregivers will take a proactive approach to your care management, offering constant daily in-home checks so we can ensure we are in tune with your changing needs.
- Activities of Daily Living ADLs
- Transportation to activities
- Creative activities for mind stimulation
- Accompany to social events
- Preparing meals and eating together
- Alternative therapies (music, art, pet, acupuncture, reiki, massage, aroma, weighted blanket, bright light)
- Storytelling & scrapbooking
When a family member is incapacitated after an accident or hospital stay, it can be overwhelming and sometimes very isolating. We are here for your loved one, whether for 4 hours two days a week or 24 hours a day, to share music, talk world events, read a book, or do a crossword.
When you can’t be there, you can trust your Cahoon Care home companion to help out and keep a watchful eye. Our companion care includes many things, such as:
- Accompanying and advocating at doctor’s appointments
- Escorting to appointments, engagements, museums, movies
- Scheduling of appointments and engagements
- Reading the newspaper
- ...and much more!
As we get older, and especially after a medical diagnosis or hospital stay, the daily tasks that we used to take for granted — taking a shower, getting dressed, or making a meal — can suddenly become difficult. When family members are busy, they know that you are well cared for, and when family or friends come for a visit, you can enjoy your time with them all the more.
Here are some ways that we typically can help, but with Cahoon Care, “personal care” can be tailored to your individual needs:
- Preparing meals
- Light cleaning
- Safety monitoring